Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tour de Fleece Day 5

So far I'm spinning away on Tour de Fleece 2007. The weekend of demonstrating/teaching at the Park got me off to a great start. Though I must admit, I flagged a bit Monday and yesterday, just a bit of spindling was accomplished.

Today was the spinning guild's day at the Mission Mills Museum. In spite of temps reaching almost 100 degrees, our spot under a huge spreading oak next to the Jason Lee House, built in 1841 - the oldest frame house still standing in the Northwest, stayed relatively cool with a breeze keeping us comfortable. The 5 hours + flew past. I took some pictures but need to wait until we get our broadband connection working again. I'm using a turtle paced dial-up.

It's been a frustrating bone of contention for the past 30 hours with no help from the provider until he returns home on Friday. Until we get our connection reestablished I will be on very limited internet time so please bear with my lack of personal emails.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh dear :( I do hope you get your Internet sirted asap. How how lst we are without it :)
Wish our weather was a tad hot as all we have had here is rain, rain , rain :(

10:55 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

oops think I have lost my o key , I meant sorted and lost :)

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Isn't it maddening (as well as frightening) when this happens? How much we have all come to rely on the Internet and instant access to friends all over the world - as well as business.

Hope it's sorted soon. Your pictures from Silver Falls are wonderful and bring joy to my heart. Dutch Oven? Is that the marvellous contraption which sits in front of the fire and uses reflected heat to bake biscuits (which I would call scones?) Or is it the closed-in iron pot, which we call a bastable in Ireland? LOVE to see how other people have dealt with feeding hungry families in the past!

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home