Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Wednesday Walk

There're so many people who I've been wanting to email, unfortunately the transmitter carrying our high speed internet isn't working. A new one is in transit. Meanwhile internet useage is limited to quick checks of emails and replying to those that need immediate attention. Please forgive my silence. Except for blogging which is the quickest way to communicate broadly. I do very much appreciate all of you who read this blog, and comment. :-) Comments warm the heart, leave a smile on the face, and give a bit of nourishment to the soul. It's been almost excruciating not being able to freely cruise through cyberspace reading all my friend's blogs. I'm feeling real withdrawals from so many of you... I started listing all the blogs I love reading but shoot, that's taking too long. Please check on my list of friends in the side bar and drop by their blogs for some wonderful reads and pictures. My life is enriched by all of you!

Yes! It's Walk With Me Wednesday. After three days of warm, almost 70 degree temps with lots of sunshine, the rain moved back in last night. By midafternoon the skies were clearing and everything sparkled in the sun. Please walk with me, starting in our back yard where the willows are showing their new finery. Soon sparrows will be taking up residence in their apartments.

This was one of those days where a feeling of hollowness settled at waking. The longing to stay in bed and read, or just vegetate in the old armchair that I loved to snuggle in as a child with a book, cat, and an apple. Molasses movements slowed work, while bookwork stirred up a duststorm in my brain. There's so much bookwork to be done. This past month has put me woefully behind. Tax bookwork keeps tapping my brain in the middle of the night asking when it's going to be tackled. How can I even think of weaving?


My mood took me up the road to the cemetery which is just above this field. Curious, the tractor tracks across the grass field. No clue why they're there, except that the pattern is one to file away for a possible weaving design. My loom is pleading, begging, on it's knees desperately wanting to be warped. Ideas are perking for some quick projects.


A walk was needed to sort through some thoughts and feelings. Breathe deeply the rain cleaned air, and get back on track. Heading back towards home the sight of these daffodiles gathered around the oak tree with its embrace of wisteria vines gladdened the day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Thanks for sharing the photos, Wanda. I've been a bit grey and gloomy the last bit - your yellow flowers bring me cheer! I'm off in the morning for my own fresh air big walk. :0)

10:32 PM  
Blogger judy said...

Weare so far behind you. With the exception of bird song, it is winter. Thanks for the daffs.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Joanna said...

Really looks like Sring is sprunging, love the photo of the tractor tracks, I can't wait to see our loom warped and see what devlops.

4:33 AM  
Blogger rho said...

You are ahead of us spring wise - today is sunny and sparkly at least.

You haven't missed much on my blog - other than a name change -- I am rho's knitting goes - now - although the address stays woes since I couldn't figure how to change it without deleting the whole blog and then doing another one. I have this picture of me knitting like the enegizer bunny - it just goes and goes and goes LOL

I am having brain drain today - cannot think of another thing to say. Isn't that hard to believe - me with nothing to say....

7:21 AM  
Blogger Cornflower said...

Thankyou for taking the time from your busy schedule to post these lovely pictures, Wanda. I hope you're up to full speed (on all counts!) soon.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

love the photo of the tree with vines and daffodils.
I know just what you mean about the busy-ness of this tax season swirling round in your head - glad that the walk lets you settle.
many hugs

8:37 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Again lovely photos Wanda ; like Jo I love the tractor tracks one . I have recently bought a rigid heddle loom and am summoning the nerve to try and set it up so will await eagerly to see how yours will look. Only the other day at our Guild meeting a lady who is moving to China to teach has offered me her floor loom which she is getting rid of, she says it is small . I hope so as we only have a small cottage but I couldn't resist the offer of giving it a good home.

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home