Thursday, November 09, 2006

Faith's Joy


Isn't that the cutest smile you have even seen on a two week old? It's amazing to see a true expression of joy by such a young baby. She's doing well, and thriving. So far I'm restraining myself from running to the kids' for a visit and holding. Yesterday I just couldn't resist any longer. She's a happy, contented little girl who is surrounded by much love. Both of her parents have parental leave from work for about six weeks. They take turns bathing her, and feeding her, and all the other duties of a parent. It's neat to see them both so involved. Everytime I've gone for a visit, our son is the one holding her. :-)

Yesterday was "Walk with Me Wednesday", my first. Wouldn't you know it we've had a computer connection slower than a slug's run since Sunday. We've wondered if it has something to do with the Pineapple Express which blustered and drowned us fromThursday until late Tuesday. In that time period there were 5" of rain in the Salem area and 30" in the Cascade foothills. Since we live about 25 miles NE of Salem right at the base of the foothills, tucked in at the mouth of a basin descending from high up, how much rain do you reckon we may have gotten over the five days of hard, non-stop rains? Yesterday's walk lead me along the creek to this point near where the picture of J was taken (See the Oct 3rd post). No swimming now.

I was the fortunate winner of the Briar Rose Drawing at the Sweater KAL and yesterday a box arrived at the PO containing this wonderful yarn.colorways of Chris's Briar Rose Fibers I love the feel and deep rich Handpainted Sonoma Reds! I love that it's a worsted weight yarn. The pattern will be a simple neck down, raglan sleeve, knit on the circular #9/5.5mm Ed made for me. I may add a bit of seed stitch here and there to break the monotony. It's time to walk to the P.O. to mail some packages, and then home to my comfy chair, and a cup of Earl Grey Tea, to do some swatching.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute baby and very nice yarn! Congrats on both!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, yes, I am amazed, Faith is just so beautiful! I have photos of Gracie at that age smiling. I'm really hoping you continue with this blogging business because I truly am so looking forward to seeing Faith as she gets bigger, it's such a great journey. She is such a blessing and the fact that everyone around her knows that...(not that they wouldn't)is wonderful. The yarn is also beautiful, looking forward to seeing it knit up. Yep, that creek is way too swift!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Chie said...

I LOVE Faith's smile! :)
I'm so happy for you all.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Thanks for posting another pic of Faith! She's a beauty.

What lovely yarn you won! I've looked at Briar Rose yarns, scrumptious! :0)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Teyani said...

Babies are the best - and how fun that your son gets to be as involved as he is. Glad he has a job where he gets leave as well as the Mom.
That sweater yarn is divine, like a squish of rich marionberries.
Hope you don't wash away over the weekend in the next bout of rain - we're having loads of it here too. sigh.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my Faith is GORGEOUS....she's gonna be a stunner I tell ya;) She has the sweetest smile and that HAIR!!!!! Please give her cuddle love bug squeezes from me. My adorable little one is 3 today.....where does the time go?!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What lovely pictures, Wanda - a smiling baby, a rushing river and some beautiful yarn!
It's a pleasure to visit your pages.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home