Thursday, November 30, 2006

Colors in the Snow





This is what greated me as I edged out the door for an early morning Walk with me Wednesday. The snow started falling Tuesday and continued off and on through the night. We were in a white world with splashes of color.








Walking to the Post Office.









This brave, small shrub stopped me as I walked by, and called for a picture to be taken.





Stand beside me on the bridge and gaze at the monochromatic scene of water, rocks and snow.

Further along four geese honked at me as I approached their yard. They didn't hiss but two flapped their wings, lowered their heads and ran towards me. Respectfully I backed away from the fence then stood a bit and talked with them. Unfortunately the camera batteries gave out so I have no picture to share of their soft brown and white feathers and regal heads. Humming softly seemed to soothe them.

It was good to get back into our warm home.


Red Sweater UpDate


I'm working on a sleeve and the body. I bought double-end Addis for the sleeve, while I'm still using the circs Ed made on the body. Working on the two areas helps break the monotony. The only downfall is manuvering 4 yarns. The Sonoma Red came in to different colorway hanks, meant to blend together by alternating yarns each row. It is making a beautiful garment. The woman at the shop raved about the bamboo Addis and they are nice but I'm partial; I like the sharper points Ed puts on his needles. (I took a picture comparing the different needles but it turned out fuzzy.)

The kids stopped by for awhile this afternoon. Faith is 6 weeks old tomorrow.

9 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Faith is even more beautiful today! What a sweetie.

I love going for walks with you - you live in a beautiful area. :0)

I love how the sweater is coming along!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

That little Faith is so beautiful, what a blessing she is!
I'm with Charity on the walks, I just love them, always something beautiful to see.
Also with Charity on the sweater....lovely!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Marianne said...

Oh, I'm back, that B&W photo just took my breath away, and what a beautiful fur-face! Love the view out your window.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

fabulous photos!
and Faith is looking so adorable!

6:11 PM  
Blogger rho said...

Oh my gosh look how she has grown in 6 weeks - she is adorable.

Finally catching up on blogs etc. :D

1:08 PM  
Blogger Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

What can I say about Faith except that I lunged forward at my screen to give her an involuntary cuddle! She is so gorgeous I can't believe it!
And thank you so much for the walk. It made me feel I was really there with you in the snow instead of amid howling gales and rain in West Cork!
Love
Jo
Celtic Memory Yarns

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the baby is so sweet. You have an incredible amount of snow. I lived on Vancouver Island for 12 years and we rarely got that much. I don't think we ever had a white Christmas. Perhaps your elevation is higher. Thank you for your email and kind comments! I tried to reply but for some reason it didn't go through.

4:19 AM  
Blogger gail said...

your photos of oregon and snow are fabulous! my oldest daughter attended college in Eugene and she loved Oregon. We also loved the state based on our trips to visit her. Here in Wisconsin we normally have snow, but the past couple of years have been disappointing in the amount and duration of the white stuff. I long to move to Finland to be assured of snow!!!! Meanwhile, we enjoy life in Wisconsin regardless of the season. We have great knitting shops and great knitters.

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, Faith is GORGEOUS!!! Give her big huggies and smoochies! Thanks for the beautiful walk, it was lovely.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home