Saturday, October 28, 2006

Good Things

First an update on baby Faith. :-) She and parents are thriving. It's such a joy to hold a wee little baby! I'd forgotten just how tiny they are. I marvel at her perfect, long, fingers and her toes. Her eyes latch onto my eyes and gaze deep with a small questioning look slightly wrinkling her forehead. What a blessing she is.









Two separate packages arrived in the mail this week. The first was a surprise from Jo. I'm not a big orange fan, though I love rich rusts, but after fingering and dreaming a bit I have totally fallen in love with the stuff. I'm envisioning a light woven jacket. The problem is, when Aurora came home and saw the yarn she also saw herself wearing it. Such a dilema. One of these days I'll figure out what I want to weave and the amount needed to weave two jacket/sweaters.

When Jo showed her newly acquired swift on her blog, I decided it was time to break down and order one. I've been keeping my eye out for an inexpensive one but hadn't seen one I liked at an affordable price. I searched eBay and found a maker in the USA . Since we are occasionally asked to make swifts I was delighted to find someone who had quality swifts at a great price so I emailed Catherine directly. Take a moment to bookmark their website Knitting Notions. Not only does make excellent swifts, Catherine kettle dyes yarns. Great looking stuff, and patterns. A couple of their daughters lathe-turn shawl pins. Sadly Catherine has no blog. The day after I'd ordered the swift Nataliesent me an email from Scotland telling me of a swift maker in the UK. She even posted pictures of hers on her blog/website. She'd seen my wishful comment on Jo's blog. I'm so grateful to Natalie and all of you who make blogging rewarding with all your good wishes and thoughtfulness!


I'll close with a picture I took yesterday as I walked to the P.O. This alley is just up from our driveway. Sorry about the huge utility line! We've had a stunning autumn of warm sunny days and cold nights. The building on the hill is where Ed and I will be tomorrow morning worshipping our Creator and feeling extremely thankful for His blessings.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda, Faith is so beautiful, such a lovely soul, love those toes! I do believe you and she are going to have the greatest of times together.
Pretty yarn surprises. Give Faith a gentle hello from me.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Teyani said...

what a total beauty she is!

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanda,
Faith has a lovely peaceful look about her - super pictures!

Changing the subject, here I am in Edinburgh reading about a nearby yarn producer on a blog from Oregon. How's that for a roundabout route! I'm going to have a good look at Natalie's site now.

Thanks!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Charity said...

Thanks for your comments on rearing teens! They are much appreciated - with no family near by, I am so grateful when those who have "been there" are willing to share their experiences and advice. :0)

Congratulations on the arrival of your 1st grandchild! And just LOOK at the tiny toes! What a blessing! :0)

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home