Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Patterns

Oh why don't I keep the patterns that I make!

Sam wants her jacket fashioned after the one I designed & wove for myself. Today I searched in my weaving records & notebook for it to no avail. sigh

I'd taken measurements of her before I started the project so with them in hand, fortified with a cup of coffee and my jacket, I painstakingly drew up a new pattern. I have all the paper pieces cut out. Tomorrow I'll use an old sheet to sew a mock up before I cut into the woven fabric.

Ed occasionally makes lovely portable music stands which break down into several pieces for easy carrying. I sew pouches for the individual parts and a large bag to put it all in, with enough room for music books. I've made three of these bags now. You'd think I'd remember save the kraft paper patterns that I've made. But no, I think it'll be quicker to just measure directly onto the fabric, cut and sew. Humph. I'll be making another one this coming week. This time I swear, I'll keep the pattern!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teyani said...

I think that you just are enjoying the creation of "one-of-a-kind" items.. :-)
Nothin' wrong with that !!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Fiberjoy said...

Ha, ha.

Too time consuming since I really don't have a clue what I'm doing. It's a wonder things turn out okay.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home